Quick Trips

April flew by and that's probably because it's been a full month. About halfway through, I went to Austin for the CASE District IV Conference. It snuck up on me like conferences tend to do. However, this one was different because I was presenting a session for the first time. Michal and I were responsible for 45 minutes worth of content. Public speaking has never been a comfortable thing for me, so I was a little anxious going in. But I'm happy to report that it went really well! God helped calm my nerves, and the attendees were very engaged and receptive to what we had to say. So overall, I would say the trip was a success. I even got to squeeze in some fun with my coworkers while we were there.

 Hello Austin! 

You can stop searching. Truluck's serves the world's best carrot cake! If only I had a piece right now!

The weekend after I got back, I went to Hennessey for a day trip. Morgan's first birthday was at her Gram's house, and there was no way I was missing that. It ended up being a great day because I got to spend the morning and afternoon with Asher and Quinn. Ever since Quinn came to my house on Good Friday she has been mildly obsessed with me. Not only does she cry when I leave, but Mom and Stacy said she cries for me when I'm not there. If she sees my picture or a girl that looks like me, she starts signing and saying please and then holds out her arms for me. They have face-timed me twice when she was doing that and it's just about enough to break your heart! Needless to say, I was happy to see her in person so I could actually give her cuddles and hugs.

 It was a nice day, so we spent lots of time outside.



I made these little gifts for our Marketing team when they launched the new website. I had a few left over, so I took them to Asher so we could do a little science experiment.



 Afterward, Quinn had a great time showing me Mom and Dad's new car. They traded in the Suburban for a minivan of all things! I have to admit that it's a very comfortable ride!



 Maybe she should log a few more hours in this car before we graduate her to the van.



What a stylish little birthday girl! I can't believe how big Morgan is getting. Just a few days ago she switched to table food and learned a WALK. Before we know it, she'll be graduating high school!

She and Kinsey had a great time opening gifts. 

Back in Stillwater Kyle even got a few snuggles in with the birthday girl. And it was his idea! :)

And finally, this weekend we drove to Ponca to pick up a table we bought for our dining room. We were only able to be there for a few hours, but as luck would have it, Ben, Jerilyn and Conner stopped by on their way out of town, so we got to see them, too. Conner had a great time playing in the trailer, and he wore Kyle and Papa out from chasing him around the house. He would look at us with a big smile and say, "You can't catch me now!" and then take off.

All that running winded the big boys, so Conner decided it was time to rest. He sat down on the front porch and one-by-one called us over to take a rest with him. It was so cute that I just had to take a picture, and unlike so many of my nieces and nephews, Conner actually seemed to love hamming it up in front of the camera. It was a great time!



 He decided to be serious in this one. 


My husband....SMH
 
Well that pretty much does it for now. I had hoped to be sharing some photos of baby Olivia with you, but that little girl has yet to grace us with her presence. All of us, especially Tyrus and Lisa, are having a hard time waiting, so hopefully we will meet her any day now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day