Everything Else

I know my posts have been entirely Oliver-focused lately, but there are other things going on in our life. So here's a little variety for those of you who aren't dog lovers.

We've been quite sporty lately, going to Thunder games, our first tennis match and starting parks and rec volleyball again.

Thunder Up!


Some of the games have been so close and super fun to watch!

It turns out our tickets are only a few rows away from Lisa's, so we get to see them when we go. Ty even gave us a behind the scenes tour after one game. It was great!

We were so excited to attend the opening of the Mike and Anne Greenwood Tennis Center. It is such an impressive facility, and we learned that we really enjoy watching tennis!

I've also been getting plenty of girl time, which I love. Kim, Krissi and I have a standing date every Monday to watch the Bachelor together. Julie started the season with us, but she just had a precious little girl, so we've been missing her the last few weeks. In January Kim, Brittney, Krissi and I went to an Alumni Association/Tipsy Artist event. It was fun, but the Theta Pond painting was intense. We were there almost 4 hours and it wasn't long enough!



The finished products!

Kyle's birthday was in February and mine is today, so we've been having fun celebrating each other with friends and family. Kyle got to do a little booth dancing at El Vaquero while they sang to him, and Dad even grilled out filet mignon for us in 10 degree weather since Kyle requested filet and lobster for our birthday meal (talk about expensive taste!). The pudding dessert I chose was much more economical. :)

Just before his birthday, Kyle bought a new grill. He's been waiting for this for a long time!

Kyle did not want our friends telling the waitress it was his birthday. When they first brought the hat out, he acted like he wouldn't wear it, but then he put it on, stood up in the booth and started dancing. That's my husband, alright! :)

Konner wasn't sure what to think about his birthday sombrero.



I came into work today to a bunch of Golden Girls and this handsome man. My coworkers are the best!


Last month my department celebrated its second anniversary, and last weekend I got the pleasure of throwing a baby shower for my best friend. There's nothing like a little fun party planning every now and then!


I only got before pictures because I was too busy during the shower, but we had a lot of fun!


My aunt made these beautiful cookies to match the baby's bedding. She is so talented!


Kim has been craving cherry limeades, so Krissi made some for the shower. It was a wonderful recipe!

But as always, the thing we've loved doing most lately is spending time with our niece and nephews. It really feels like they are all growing up way too fast. The boys are starting to look like little men and even Quinn, who is only a few months old, changes all the time. It's so much fun to be around these little people, and we'll be adding one more come this summer!

Greg came down for an OSU game, so I got to hang out with Stacie and Henry, who was sporting a mohawk.



The day after turned out to be a snow day for me, so we got to have a nice lunch before they headed out of town. 
 
Henry loves the Talking Tom ap on my phone. 

One weekend, I made a quick trip to Hennessey to see this pretty little princess. 


She's staying awake for longer periods of time now, so it's fun to see her take interest in things. Even if it is just staring at people. 


Asher and Quinn made a trip to visit me in Stillwater while Mom and Dad were driving Zach from California to Texas. Zach graduated in February and will be in Texas for four months before heading east. 

I just can't handle her cuteness! 

It was the day after Valentine's Day, so Asher wanted to bring his tiger with him. He left it, but luckily I got in touch with Stacy in time for them to turn around so we could avoid a real crisis.


Feeding Quinn is a two-person job when Asher is around!


Greg and Stacie had a gender reveal party a few weeks ago. Stacie and Henry opened this big box filled with pink and blue balloons. Then the guys shot the balloons and pink confetti flew out. I get another niece!



Henry loves his Aunt Jerilyn!

And Kyle loves hanging out between Grandma and Grandpa Fox. 


Conner was talking so much more this time and he had fun with Uncle Kyle. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

Independence Day

A Yellow Brick Farewell