Excuses, Excuses

I have been such a bad blogger lately. It’s been a month since my last post! That's the longest I've ever gone, and I promise not to make this a habit. The good news is that I have so much to share with you! Over the next few days I’ll try to play catch-up. 

The reason for my recent delinquency is fall, which has finally made its way to Stillwater! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. The students are back and the temperature has dropped to 80 so I am a happy girl. I am also a very busy girl. Work has really picked up and since we are short-handed, we are all doing a little extra. With these other duties, Student Foundation kind of snuck up on me. I love working with the students. They have such great energy and are so much fun. It’s hard to believe this is the 5th class of StuFu. I was a member of the first class, and it is really exciting to see how the organization has grown. Being the adviser has been challenging but extremely rewarding, and I have been so blessed with this opportunity. 

It also requires some nontraditional working hours. I am at work today because we had freshman interviews, and in August we had two weekend retreats to kick off the year. Even though I don’t adore working on the weekend, I have a really good time with the students! Below are some photos of the wonderful “kids” I get to work with. They keep me sane when it all seems like just too much to handle.

 I took our exec team rowing with the OSU Crew team during their retreat. It was so hot that day, and I felt so sorry for them! They were troopers, though, and still managed to have a good time.


 During our member retreat, the students did a "pay it forward" scavenger hunt. This task was for each of them to send a thank you note to a person who has impacted their life.

 Here they are helping someone across the street.

 And doing someone's laundry...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day