Weekend Fun

This is going to be a quick post since I'm having a Bachelorette watch party at my house tonight and there are about a dozen things to do before then.

If it's possible for a weekend to be busy yet relaxing at the same time, that's exactly what our weekend was. On Thursday night I attended a scholarship dinner in Enid. What a great event! It reminded me once again how thankful I am to work for the Foundation, a place that enables people to make a difference in the world by helping others. It's so refreshing to be a part of something like that, and I get paid on top of that! AMAZING.

But anyway, since I was close to home, I decided to take Friday off and spend it with my sister and nephew, who have recently moved back to Hennessey while my sister's husband goes to school. Asher is 10 months old today, and I don't think it's possible for him to be any cuter! His first word (besides mom and dad) is hat. It's the only thing he knows how to say, but he is super excited about it. Right when I got there, he had me chase him to the back bedroom where he whispered "hat" as he pointed to three hats hanging on the wall. For some reason, he won't say it loudly, but goodness knows there's nothing wrong with his lungs. That kid can scream for food like nobody's business! :) Below are some oh-so-cute photos!
Asher and his many hats!

That looks like the beginning of a wink to me.

He likes playing with hats, but wearing them, not so much. I somehow managed to get this picture, though.

We bought Asher this Halloween costume at a garage sale and just couldn't resist putting it on to see if it fit.

He lost patience after a while. No wonder, I'm sure he was burning up!

Such a good eater!

Splashing around in the great outdoors!

It's so nice having them close to home! Josh quit his job so he could learn to be a barber, something he's wanted to do for quite a while. Barber school takes nine months to complete (going 8-5 Tuesday through Saturday). I really admire him for taking a risk to do what he wants in life. Being happy with your career is important because you spend so much of your life at work. It pays to have a job you love. (And thanks to the budgeting skills my mom passed on, they have enough savings to make it all possible.)

It just so happens, I've needed a hair cut since the beginning of July, but always forget to schedule an appointment. So on Friday, after only three days of barber school, I thought it would be a good idea if Josh gave me one! :) He did a great job and I love my new do.

During

After
On Saturday Kyle and I headed to Ponca for a monster truck rally. Kyle loves going to these and I take him to Monster Jam in the city every year for his birthday. I am not a monster truck kind of girl, but after a few years, I've learned to enjoy them for what they are. I don't think I'll ever want to go by myself, but as long as you're with people you love, it can be fun! Although this wasn't near as big as the one in the city, we had a great time and really enjoyed seeing the family.

This was cool until he got stuck on top of that bus and we had to wait 10 min. to get him off. :)

Sunday was another outdoor day. (I thought after my traumatic bee experience that Kyle would let me skip the outdoor activities, but I wasn't that lucky.) Since we sold our spare washer and dryer, Kyle was able to get a new push mower, and he came up with some creative ways to get heavy objects from the back yard to the front yard (sometimes all you can do is laugh).



Well I said this would be short, but I guess I'm a liar. Happy Monday, and don't forget to watch the Bachelorette tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day