Catch-Up

Sorry I've been a little delinquent with the blog this past week. With the students starting school again my work schedule has been busier than normal and by the end of the day, all I want to do is relax. On top of that, Kyle and I have had busy weekends, which is a double-edged sword. It's great because we've been able to do some really fun things with the people we love, but bad because we haven't had a chance to recharge our batteries and just sit around doing nothing.

So to catch you up, here are some things that have been going on in our lives:
1. My boss is back from maternity leave! I am SUPER excited about this one, not just because it means a lightened work load for me, but also because I really enjoy working with her. She injects a little youth into our working environment and is a great sounding board for me, and I really missed her while she was gone.

2. Kyle and I are the proud owners of a new circuit box, which should solve our electrical problems and make it a little easier to sleep at night! It was well worth the money!

I have red-eye in pretty much EVERY photo!

3. Kyle's sister and brother-in-law moved to Derby, Kansas, and we got to go visit them and check out their new digs. This was really exciting for them because Ben has been training for the Air Force since they got married in February so this is the first time they have a place all to themselves.

While in Derby, Kyle found this hat that he just HAD to have. Sometimes I think I married a 10 year old!

4. My dad got back from India safely last week! He had a great trip and came home with a custom-made suit for only $130 and some life changing experiences. We are very glad to have him home and it's great to hear all of his stories!

5. Kyle has been trying to fix his riding lawn mower for weeks now. We've been to Lowe's three times in the past week, and I'm really starting to dislike that place. (Going there is bad news for a budgeter. We always end up going for one thing and then finding three other things that we just can't live without.) Hopefully he can order the part he needs this week!

This coming weekend is our Student Foundation retreat, which I'm really excited about. I hope the students have a good time. Then, Kyle and I are going to do absolutely nothing on Sunday! I really can't wait! :)

Comments

  1. Ummmmmmm... That is a HUGE box in the MIDDLE of MY bedroom wall! I honestly dont know how I feel about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Tom! It's only a little bigger than the one before. Whoever decided to put it in the bedroom had bad judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, LOVE the house! And couldn't be happier to be back working w/ you...I was in serious need of adult interaction. Plus, I'm glad to help balance the Murphy House age demographic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day