Finishing strong

On March 5, I turned 29. 29! How did that happen so fast?! I’m not sure, but apparently it’s no surprise to some of my coworkers. Sarah, you know who you are!

Kyle sent me an extravagant bouquet of flowers on my birthday that wafted a lovely scent down the hallway at work. So naturally, many people saw the flowers and asked what I was celebrating. It was a mixed reaction when I shared that I was celebrating the last birthday in my 20s. A few people were genuinely shocked and responded (wide-eyed, I might add) with, “You’re still in your 20s?”

Now I could have taken this one of two ways. I chose to take it as a compliment meaning I’m a mature, old soul who has wisdom beyond her years. This is partly because I’m an optimistic person and partly because I won’t give Kyle the satisfaction of admitting he wasn’t totally off base when he purchased that wrinkle cream for me.

Nevertheless, here we are. I’m on the victory lap of my second decade in life, and I’m determined to make it the best year yet. Only time will tell.


 Kyle took me to Sushi House for my birthday dinner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day