March Celebrations

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Kyle and I are celebrating by hanging out at the house watching basketball. Not the most fun I've ever had, but he went grocery shopping with me earlier and tonight he's making me dinner, so I can't complain.

I can't believe it's already mid-March. It's been a busy month so far, which explains why I haven't posted lately. So I guess we'll start with the beginning of the month. The first weekend of March was a big one for us because I was helping host a shower for one of my friends and we were traveling to Hennessey to celebrate our birthdays with my family.

The baby shower was for Amanda Mason. We've known Amanda and Kurtis for a few years now, and it's so fun to see them becoming parents! A little piece of us might be slightly sad about the changes that will come with moving them over to the "friends with kids" column, but we are SUPER excited to meet Baby Mason. We had so much fun planning the shower and celebrating with friends, coworkers and Amanda's family.

The brunch spread. 

Fruit and donut hole skewers, my Pinterest project.

Amanda got all kinds of fun gifts. My two favorite were the baby Cowboy boots her Mom sewed together (VERY impressive) and the scrapbook Erin made her.

The dessert table.

Amanda and the hostesses. Annie, Katie, Mary Kate, Michal and me.

Once we got done with the shower and Michal got let back into her house :), Kyle got off work and we headed to Hennessey.

Asher liked "helping" us open our presents. He even picked out Kyle's card and was so excited to show us all. 


Our birthday cakes. Mom made two kinds of frosting for us since Kyle wanted nothing but chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

My actual birthday was a great one. I got so many birthday wishes from family and friends. Kyle was going to plan a surprise dinner for me, but I ended up ruining it. All I wanted to do was stay in, wear my sweat pants, eat take-out and watch Big Bang Theory. That sounds totally lame, but we had plans every other night that week and it was nice to just be able to do whatever I wanted that evening. I'm excited to see what year 27 brings! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day