Wouldn't it be cool

I'm not a huge country fan, but back in the day I did have a few country CDs. Some day my kids won't even know what those are. Oh man, I'm getting old. Anyway, one of them was by Chely Wright and there was a song called "Wouldn't it be cool." As you can imagine, there were several hypotheticals posed in that song, but one was, wouldn't it be cool if I didn't have to edit what I said.

Never Love You Enough (CD) ~ Chely Wright (Artist) Cover Art

I am an editor by nature, and most of the time, I kind of love it. There's just something about it. Whether it's metal editing or putting red pen to paper (I blame Ray Murray for that one!) it's fun. However, after you've been doing it for so long, it can lose its luster.

I know a few people who definitely are not editors, so I'm sure they can't relate. They say what they think 100% of the time. Every now and then I'm so jealous of that quality. More often, I'm thankful for restraint, but even if just for one day, wouldn't it be cool to just say whatever you're thinking?

Maybe it's a little less glamorous than it seems, but a girl can dream...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

Independence Day

A Yellow Brick Farewell