Love


It's been a while since my last post, sorry about that. I have been working some extra hours on a concert for the Student Foundation, which took place last Friday. It went really well and I might post some pictures from it later on.

For now, though, I thought it would be fun to catch you up on what Kyle and I did for his birthday and Valentine's Day. I usually get Kyle tickets to a monster truck show for his birthday (he LOVES them), but this year I wanted to do something a little different, and I wanted it be a surprise.

He has been talking for months about how much he wants to go see a Thunder basketball game because he's never been. So I decided to plan a trip to Oklahoma City for his birthday. A few hours before I gave him his gift, his brother sent a text to tell him what he was giving Kyle. Wouldn't you know, it just so happened to be Thunder tickets! Greg totally stole my thunder! (pun intended) On the bright side, they were tickets to a different game, so it all worked out for the best.

The game was on a Tuesday night, so we decided to live it up and stay in the city after the game, taking a day off on Wednesday. That was probably the worst week of the year for me to miss a day of work, but all went well and somehow they managed without me. :)

Kyle's turtle ice cream cake! It seems like just yesterday he turned 25...


We had such a great time at the game!

So after that wonderful birthday gift, what was Kyle going to get me for Valentine's Day? We aren't a very mushy couple and don't give gifts all that often. Usually for Valentine's Day we just go out to eat and exchange cards. But this Valentine's Day, we went electronic and sent each other love e-mails! I know it sounds stupid and not very romantic, but we had fun with it and it may just become our new tradition.

Since Valentine's Day is mainly a holiday for women, Kyle also agreed to take pictures with me. This is something I've been wanting to do ever since our first anniversary. It just so happens that Julianna Buller, one of my friends from college, is taking a photography class and was looking for models. I eagerly volunteered us, and I'm so glad I did. Julianna was so great to work with and although we were her first ever couple, she did a fabulous job. We love our pictures and they will be a part of our collection for years and years to come! Below are a few of my favorites.





Kyle's face is priceless in this one!




If I learned anything this Valentine's Day it's that I should tell my husband how wonderful he is a lot more than I do. We balance each other out, and I am so lucky to have him! He is the best Valentine ever.

So my faithful blog readers, what did you do for Valentine's Day? Are you starting any new traditions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day