Accidents Happen

Well, so much for a quiet weekend.

Kyle and I did have our date on Friday evening and it was wonderful. We went to Kyoto for dinner and then stopped by Marble Slab for dessert before taking the motorcycle out for a one-hour spin. That was the longest ride I'd ever taken, and I was hurting by the end of it. But it was a great night to ride, and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was the perfect farewell ride.


Here's a pic after our date night.

On Saturday morning my phone woke me up. It was Kyle's brother calling to tell me Kyle had been in a motorcycle accident on the way to work and went to the ER with a broken collar bone and some other injuries. He is really good a delivering bad news (maybe because he's a cop and it's pretty much a job requirement), so I wasn't too worried. On my way to the hospital, though, I had to pass the intersection where it happened and when the front of Kyle's bike was on one side of the road and the rest of his bike was on the other, I was extremely anxious to see him.

I don't really want to go into specifics here, but all things considered, Kyle is doing OK. He's pretty banged up and will have to have surgery on his collar bone (or clavicle in Dr. speak) on Friday morning, so please be thinking of us and praying that everything turns out OK.

In the mean time, I am having fun being his caretaker. It's nice to be needed, and we are definitely spending more time together - he has no choice in the matter! :) Thanks for all of the calls and visits, it means a lot to both of us!


Here's a pic from a few weeks ago of Kyle and Tom.
Kyle will really miss his beautiful bike!

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about this! I know how rough these can be—my mom nearly lost her leg in a motorcycle wreck five years ago. I'm here if you need someone to talk to as Kyle recovers! <3 Rhi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love Text

A Yellow Brick Farewell

Independence Day